Saturday, June 23, 2007

 
6/23/07
A fine ride on a Saturday

So just when you think it’s going to be “just another ride” a fat chick in a Olsmobuick pulls out in front of us trying to turn left…..and STOPS!!! This would be the “ohmygod” moment of the week. I was behind Big Leg Dave™ when it happened. He locked up his rear wheel and I proceeded to lock up mine and swerve left. Just barely out of reach of her hood probably saved my hand from being bruised because if I could have reached it, I would have put a nice ding in the middle of it.
Anyway, the legs felt better today than they did on Tuesday. We actually had a pretty good 26mph pace line heading into Gilbert from the west. Again, I love these country roads out here. There’s little traffic!!! In fact BLD™ mentioned at one point that a car hadn’t passed us in 15 miles.
There’s no drama out here either. Everybody likes each other and there’s very little talking of the shite. All of which makes up for very enjoyable Saturday AM riding.
The big story this week, aside from the dumb ass that almost killed us, is New Leg Martin™. Folks, this guy has found his legs in the past few weeks. Only a month ago, he was getting dropped and sweating like a whore in church. Now, he looks very comfortable on his bike and at one point looked as though he was attacking OSP™ on one of the hills.
So there’s the recap, please post a comment if I missed anything. Off to the pool!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]